Skip to main content

BNV Finals: Poem on Syria



In 1971 Assad rule changed Syrias democracy into a dictatorship for 41 years
Over 80000 people have been murdered,
More than 20000 imprisoned, kidnapped or missing.
This poem is for those who had net yet fallen.

*End of chant*

Limbs of what was once my family lie in my arms.
My throat was stolen, my blood screams, 7 generations tortured!
Lord, send angel Azrael to guard the souls,
Let them know that they are still living and let the living hear the anthem of something... I know


My people are here even though I cannot see
My people, I can hear....my people ...

We are speaking as one,
The tyrant inside of me is ravenous;
41 year old rotting hands bedazzeled
with rings of oil drums and gems of blood
grinding at my veins ...
I tried to keep my mouth shut for my tongue didn't have any more room for scars in the shape of my teeth.

March 2011 we have been reborn, a social infant screaming: let us live ! We will speak until throats are raw until all of syria is in the news
The dates will read like obituaries
*crying*
[April 2012, syrian tanks begin an 11 day seige of deraa, July 31st, 140 dead, December 10th 210 dead, May 25th 107 dead, June 9th 76 dead, May 29th 2012 500000 protesting (Hummaaa!?)]
*La astati' an taslem, la taslem!*
You can shoot blood push that rape up Break me I will not fall
Stallin mcarthy, hiroshima me I will not fall
Large shackle ballot sweatshop me
Refugee water pour !?) oppress me textbook capture do see me!
You will try to crack my rib shotgun but the bending of my knees belongs to my lord! lord,
Allow hades to light a fire in my chest on days you did not ignite the sun,
When nails are torn from bloody hands,
When mother is ripped from child, father from son,
When the last demascus rose is stripped of all her color
When I am left lushing out for the last mirage of a broken land ... I cannot fall I will not fall.
There will be a time when we can eat together,
When we will build homes out of abandoned tanks,
Peace is a rusted recoil,
We will sip from the cups made of old grenades and shades of green are only worn by nature.
There will be a time when the fences choose to sit with us
Instead of standing between us.

Ameen.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Rationality or Ignorance from Religion?

Late night I am awake wondering about this racism, stereotyping and daily killings, robbery and thefts in this world. Why ? Why it is happening? Why everyone in this world cant live with one mutual ethics and morality? Why some poor men thinks rich people are not deserve to live? And Vice versa. Why this unbalanced social system? Why this political instability?This makes me think like for days to find out, WHY ? I believe that this is because of WE.The most hurtful thing that I see among people is their distance from their religion. We made our life based on our own assumption of purpose of life. Some wants to live life full of fun, some wants money, some fame, some social. Despite of the fact that religion did not mention all these as the PURPOSE of life, but something else. Their this thought led them become ignorant, they set their own rational argument which they think is totally unskeptical. They become deaf, they wont listen to anyone. Hence, with this thought, we can expect a w

Pakistan ranks 13 in Failed States

WASHINGTON: Pakistan has been ranked 13th in the latest ranking of failed states.The failed state ranking compiled by the famous Foreign Policy magazine is topped by Somalia with 114.9 points, followed by Congo, Sudan, Chad & Zimbabwe .Neighbouring Afghanistan  is ranked number 6, followed by Haiti, and few Arab countries like Yemen, Iraq and Central African Republic.Pakistan is ranked 13, with a better position compared with the last two years. In 2011 it was ranked 12th, while in 2010 and 2009 it was at 10th position. Robert D Kaplan, the chief geopolitical analyst at Stratfor said: "The country is run by civilian elite that steals all it can and pays almost no taxes, the absence of the state makes for 20-hour daily electricity blackouts and an almost nonexistent education system in many areas".

Pakistan has the potential to Produce 150,000MW through wind only

Recent report by USAID (United Stated Agency for International Development) says that Pakistan has the potential of producing approximately 150,000MW of wind energy with just the investment of around two billion dollars. According to USAID official it is estimated, that Pakistan has the potential to generate 143,000MW through solar and wind energy. Investing to Wind Power Plants and Solar Panels will not just reduce electricity shortages but also will ease the burden of importing oil.  Research says that the fair category of wind speed in most parts of the world is between 6.2m/s and 6.9m/s. However, the wind speed in the Sindh corridor is stronger and stands in the category of 7.5m/s and 7.7m/s.  The goverment of Sindh has a plan to develop 2500MW of energy with this by 2015. The report further said that Pakistan has identified cumulative potential to generate 3.2 million MW from renewable energy resources which comprises of 340,000MW from wind, 2.9 millio